Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ellerslie Quantum Weekend

Ellerslie Quantum Weekend With Mel Peacock


June12th - 15th 2008
at 'Sullivans Run' Ellerslie, NSW
Time: 9am-5.30pm



Daily Programme:



Morning: Level 1 Primary - Lessons 1 & 2
Learn how to communicate more effectively with your horse - Have a more willing, cooperative horse with much more positive ground manners - How to Float load safely and easily



Afternoon: Level 2 Secondary - Lessons 7 & 8


Impulsion & developing emotional fitness for your horse - Cherokee Bridle - Introducing the Bridle - Picking up the pace - Leads & Diagonals

With Thanks to the Ellerslie Practise Group and Group Organiser, Cindy Brander for co-ordinating this event.



Some Ta-Da's from the Weekend: 'Wow what a QW we just had! Level 2 ridden.. Demaris and I learn't so much, I don't know where to start!!! I discovered how very light my horse is , that I have to mean what I'm saying (yes canter means canter), and how much fun riding is now that i've made it through level 1 and most of my irrational fears are in the past.The canter Passenger Lesson was something I knew I had to face and I was a bit worried about it. Demaris tried all sorts to get out of cantering and Mel had to use her stick some to get us going again but when all's said and done we made it through.. It was very emotional on my part I nearly cried (built up emotions are no good), but I also laughed alot!The next day when I asked for canter he just stopped and kicked out but it was something I needed to work through and its been great since.. He really was just looking for a strong leader and I know how to be that now. Thanks for your help Mel - Amanda Bernaldo

No comments:

Post a Comment